Pages

The Bracelet


Men's jewelry is a tough topic. Some guys will say a watch and wedding ring is all a man need wear. Others allow for a college ring, or in its absence, a signet ring or pinky ring. I've never been a big ring guy. My wedding ring is a given, but aside from that, I don't wear rings that much. I am a staunch advocate for the wristwatch, as we've discussed before... I have many, and I love them all. For me, the next step is the bracelet. Not a gold figaro chain. Not a thick stainless steel rocker-type bracelet. Not even the leather surfer type (although Johnny Depp rocks these quite well). I love the beaded bracelet. Being a bit of a dandy, I wear these with everything from a t-shirt and jeans to black tie.

One of my favorite sartorial gurus, Luca Rubinacci (yes... of Rubinacci- pictured below), sports a multitude of bracelets. I wear two (pictured above). Seen often on Italian men, the bracelets allow a man to insert a little bit of sensitivity into his accessories, and if it works for you, I don't think you can go wrong. Give it a try. I made mine, but you can find them elsewhere if you have the time. I think they look best when worn loose. You can't quite tell from the photo, but mine float along the wrist, and when my arms are hanging, sit where the wrist meets the hand.

Until next time,
Cheers!
-Paul
(photos of Luca Rubinacci courtesy of TheSartorialist)

btemplates

0 comments: