Pages

My Favorite Cut

As you who follow know, my love for Italian clothing and style precedes me. I wanted to post a picture I found of what I consider to be the most ideal suit cut in terms of flattery and style. This suit boasts a pleated or ruffled sleevehead (where the sleeve meets the body of the suit at the shoulder) and a collarbone high notch (or gorge) in the lapel (yes... the gorge is the name of the seam where the lapel meets the collar and not the "v" shape of visible shirt and tie across the chest where the lapels meet. That is simply called your "button stance." Many make this mistake).

The use of separating the tie blades so that they are almost side-by-side is very Milanese, and I love this look as well. From the cut of the suit, the presentation of the tie, and the grandiloquent collar of the shirt, what you are seeing here represents my idea of sartorial beauty and I hope that you'll appreciate this look. This suit is made by bespoke Italian suitmaker, Sciamat.

See also this video (click on the link below), on knoting your tie the Italian way. Keep the knot beefy, but lose the symmetry that the Windsor knot provides. Here is the result. Today's words are sparse, but we'll let the picture and the video be worth over 1,000.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pquOp-pxeE <----click me!

Cheers,
Paul

btemplates

0 comments: