Pages

There's Always a Silver (or Paisley) Lining

Hello again! This entry can be subtitled "Going Custom part Deux", as once again I will be singing the praises of a gem of a custom clothier, Astor & Black. My most recent suit from these guys met all of my expectations, and after establishing a relationship with my local representative, I felt open to being a little bit more creative (and might we say... daring) than I had when designing my last suit.

The beautiful Bemberg lining is my favorite part; in a custom suit, the details that I care about are all hidden.

A wild lining is hidden until you want it to be. This one, I fell in love with (see picture). One of the cool things about Astor & Black suits is that the lining is also used as the interior of the breast pocket, which when turned inside out, can serve as a pocket square. How cool is that?

In addition to a bitchin' lining, I was able to choose slanted pocket flaps, and had the shoulders cut in the neopolitan style, with a natural slope and slightly ruffled sleevehead. I also chose contrast stitching for the first buttonholes on my surgeon cuffs. Choice.

And the best part is... I've paid more for off-the-peg suits. This one is bespoke. Rock on! Visit astorandblack.com to setup a no-obligation consultation with your local representative, and check out some of their wares. The site has pics! This is not an advertisement, but rather an endorsement for a firm that pairs custom clothing and affordability, making exceptionally high quality available to any man. If your job requires you to buy suits at all, you can afford a suit by Astor & Black. This is a company that I believe in.

Until next time, Cheers!
Paul




btemplates

0 comments: