Pages

Wants and Desires: The Car


I must preface this post by saying that I do love my car. I drive a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer that has been optimized with RalliArt (Mitsubishi's performance division) parts and tuned by myself and folks who specialize in import performance. The car holds it's own with most commuters in its class. It is a sporty sedan (great for a father of two), gets great gas milage, and has lots of leg room (great for someone who's 6'2"). I feel that I have a car that allows me to cart kids around yet still holds a little bit of sporty allure.

The shape and design of the car that I drive looks decidedly European, but... it isn't. What I really want (and may have to wait until my kids are grown and out of the house just to afford automotive upkeep) is a vintage BMW 3.0 CS. Ohhhh, yes.
Produced between 1971 and 1975, the BMW 3.0 CS (referred to internally by BMW as the E9) featured a M30 inline 6 cylinder engine that cranked out 180 horsepower (stock... racing models produced up to 340) using twin Zenith carburetors. And damn, if the car just ain't as sporty as hell.

The car is a coupe, but is a four-seater, and the beautiful leather interior just looked so much more racey and hip in the 70's, peppered with lovely perforation and accented by chrome, this car is so my style. The one pictured above was parked next to my wife's old place of employment yesterday at a BP service station, and in the absence of my camera I snapped a quick cell-phone shot, which robs the car of a little of its glory.
One day, I'll be driving one. Remember readers: life is too short not to fill it with the things you like. Even if you have to wait for them.
Until next time,
Cheers!
-Paul

btemplates

0 comments: