Pages

Visual Style at Its Best

You know, say what you will about George Michael, but the man knows what people want to see. His gift for capturing a viewer's attention and playing with one's senses is uncanny. I was at a posh uptown party last night and found myself in a high-rise condominium overlooking the Charlotte skyline, which may very well be the coolest bachelor pad I've ever seen. I'm not going to go into too much detail except to say this: there was a laser/light show and a big TV mounted above the room playing music videos. One of the DVDs that the host put in featured music videos by none other than George Michael.
I thought this to be a pretty bold move at first, given the whole "lewd act" thing of a few years back, but considering that this particular condo probably got our host loads and loads of female... shall we say... attention, I watched. And watched. And realized that I'd forgotten how stylish this man's music videos were. Incredible attention is paid to color and movement, and even the shape of the models faces and hair styles contibute to the visual aesthetic of George Michael's music videos. Each frame of every video could make for an impressive photograph.
Check these examples out and see what I mean and you'll realize it too; the man has taste. Cheers!

btemplates

2 comments:

Manner of Man Magazine said...

Paul, "I do believe that we are practicing the same religion," as we are on the same page where George Michael is concerned.

Paul Walters said...

He has an amazing voice; I never get tired of his voice. But the videos rock!