Pages

P-Dubb's Endorsement: The Ultimate Khaki

The longer I keep up my work as a style blogger, the more I realize that others doing the same thing are being sent free swag to review on their sites. I've done several reviews and haven't  been sent anything free yet, so to all of you fine purveyors of stylish goods out there, keep me in mind!

All joking aside (I was only half serious), I wanted to plug a product today that I bought because of the color and ended up falling in love with. It's a pair of chinos, and after my friend Mxolisi over at Perfect Gentleman blogged about a pair in the same color, I realized that all of my khaki chinos were more of a pale stone color and that my wardrobe was definitely lacking a pair in this sage brown / terra cotta hue.

I came across these pants by accident while I was at Target. I don't typically think of shopping at Target for clothing, but damn it if the color of these khaki chinos wasn't exactly what I was looking for. They are made by Target's exclusive brand, Merona, and the label proclaims their status as "The Ultimate Khaki." I didn't have time to try them on, so I took a gamble and bought them, figuring I could always come back later and exchange them  for a bag of diapers or something else I would surely need.

When I finally tried them on, I was surprised. They fit exceptionally well. In fact, they may fit better than any off-the-rack pair of chinos I've ever bought in my supposed size, which no two makers seem to be able to agree on cutting the same way. The pants are 100 % cotton, flat front and slim cut, and according to their tag, shrink resistant, wrinkle resistant, stain repellent, and the cotton is made with what is referred to as "Nano-Tex" technology that repels spills and releases soil from the fabric when washing. Sounds pretty cool.
The size is great. I just hope that they are as shrink resistant as the tag says they are.

At any rate, the pants get high marks from me. I personally think that every man needs at least one great fitting pair of flat front khaki chinos. Just look at what icons like Miles Davis and Steve McQueen did with just that one article of clothing. The versatility is paramount. Merona's Ultimate Khakis are constructed well, fit beautifully, and at only $19.99 a pair, are quite affordable. Try a pair on and see what you think. The Ultimate Khakis come in several shades as well, from the pale stone color to the deeper brown sage / terra cotta color that I ended up with. The ones that I am wearing here are actually a lot more golden in color than the pictures show.

Until next time,
Cheers!
-Paul


Note: Click on any image to enlarge for detail

btemplates

2 comments:

Mxolisi Ngonelo said...

Dear Paul,

I thought you were on hiatus there for a second.

You can never go wrong with terra-cotta. The colour is very much versatile and flexible. I mean I can't wait to get going in that red gingham shirt, terra-cotta pants and a navy double breast blazer. I'm so ready.

The fit those chinos is impeccable man. That's the thing about flat front, which is not friendly with me. I am a pleats man all day. But for that terra-cotta I had to make an exception.

Your whole look right there is great. The fit of the shirt, The shoes, it's almost goes without saying that tan shoes are the perfect complement. You tie a mean knot.

Thanks,
Mxolisi

Paul Walters said...

Thank you, Mxolisi, for the original inspiration. If your chinos didn't look so good on you, I wouldn't have had the urge to get myself a pair! I think the navy blazer would look great with the red gingham and the terra cotta chinos.
Have a great one!