Pages

P-Dubb's Endorsement: The Plaque Belt

Yeah, that's me. P-Dubb. That was my handle from my years as a deejay. Another lifetime.
Any-hoo, today I am assigning the title of "staple" to the monogramable plaque belt. Pictured above is an offering by J. Crew, available only from their catalog or online (not in stores). They call it their "English Leather Plaque Belt." This is the version that I own, and at $55, I felt that this slide-buckle belt was a must have. I love the old English vibe of this style belt. I almost want to spit-shine the damn thing before I go out on the town in it. I haven't had it engraved, and I don't know that I will. If I do, it would be kinda groovy to have an expletive engraved on it for fun. Just to see how many people lean in to read it...
These belts can be found from different sources: I think that J. Crew's rendition offers a nice value. Also pictured (below) is Ralph Lauren's version that looks virtually identical (as in... could have been made by the same silversmith identical), but his buckle alone sells for $150, sans leather. Steep.
The versatility of this belt is wonderful. Dress it up with a suit or dress it down with jeans and boat shoes. The options are plentiful, and because of this, I dubb this item, the english leather plaque belt, a wardrobe staple.
Until next time,
Cheers!
-Paul

btemplates

0 comments: