Pages

Moc Croc Rocks!

Pardon the slightly campy use of titling. It just worked. There is a growing population of sartorial enthusiasts that enjoy "breaking the rules" a bit when it comes to style. I've spoken before about my appreciation of the disheveled elegance so prominent in the Italian principle of sprezzatura, where thowing a little quirk into one's wardrobe by leaving something slightly askew adds to the overall effect of the ensemble.

The slightly "wrong" tie-length, for example, where the skinny blade of the necktie is slightly longer than the front blade... the unbuttoned collars on a button-down shirt... you get my drift. Well here, my friends, is one element of style, one rule that should not be broken. Your belt needs to match (or very closely match) your shoes. This is not really a negotiable rule.

I am a big fan of the clothing of Italian designer Domenico Vacca (http://www.domenicovacca.com/) and his penchant for crocodile (Aligator, actually, but the effect is the same) belts. For those of us without the means to stock our closets with crocodile skin, faux or "moc-croc" works just as well. Pictured is a belt by Trafalgar in cognac, which I wear with my Allen Edmonds Sanfords shown in an earlier post. I love the sophistication of this belt, and the light color is a nice attention grabber.

I have been slowly building upon my belt collection, but I wouldn't be surprised if more and more of them began to resemble the style of this one. I hope this helps. Keep the belts a-matchin'!

Cheers,
Paul

btemplates

0 comments: